Recognized as the first school in the world authorized to teach in French the four programs of the International Baccalaureate Organization (IB) and as the first private French school in Egypt, Oasis International School provides students with one of the finest learning experiences in Egypt. Today we accommodate more than 1900 students, from the age of three (kindergarten) to the age of 18 (Diploma years) at our two campuses located in Maadi, Cairo.
Oasis International School inspires excellence in confident and capable learners who are well-prepared for their future. Our students benefit from:
- An advanced and differentiated pedagogy to answer the needs of our learners.
- The latest technological advances especially our ”iPad one to one” program: the Oasis International School is investing in providing each student, teacher and administrator with an iPad to use throughout the school year, as it is already a big part of our learners’ lives and it makes them more engaged in their learning.
- The Adventure Learning program taking place outside classroom walls provides a rich learning culture increasing our students competencies, developing their personalities and enabling them to learn by experience. Our learners thus discover the world on their own and as a result feel responsible and proud of their own learning.
- The Positive Discipline approach helping our learners to feel a sense of connection. It is mutually respectful and encouraging, teaches important social and life skills, invites our students to discover how capable they are and is effective long term.
- Small class sizes.
- 215 foreign and Egyptian qualified and experienced teachers following ongoing professional training including IB workshops.
- A trilingual education (Arabic, French and English) and the possibility of learning a fourth language (Spanish) in the Diploma.
- The continuum of the International Baccalaureate programs encouraging our students to be life-long learners through developing the 10 qualities of the IB learner profile (inquirers, knowledgeable, thinkers, communicators, principled, caring, open-minded, risk-takers, balanced, reflective).
- The core components of the IB programs Creativity Action Service (CAS) encouraging the students to take an active part to serve the community (example: recycling straw rice, literacy campaign, etc.).
- Opportunities to attend and organize large events such as Model United Nations conferences in Egypt and abroad.
- An immersion in the work world with a compulsory 2-week internship to enable our students to better choose their subjects in Diploma and higher studies.
- A college acceptance rate of an utter 100% in prestigious universities in both Egypt and abroad.
We are especially proud of our 544 alumni as thanks to the skills they developed through the education they received at Oasis schools, they rapidly become effective team members in the workplace upon their university studies and many of them occupy important posts in a wide range of areas: Egyptian Foreign Affairs, UNO, international court of justice, NGO sector, performing arts... Some of them are also members of the Oasis International School administrative and educational teams. It is also with excitement and pride that since the beginning of the school year 2013, we welcomed the first children of the second Oasis generation, the children of our first alumni.
We invite you to visit our campuses, talk to our professional staff, and see for yourself how our students are happy to be learning and well-prepared for their future.
Mme Esmat LAMEI,